Wednesday 16 September 2015

Sports Themed

 
A little boy was celebrating his 4th birthday and his mother ordered a sports themed cake. She told me a little bit about him, what sports he loved the most and what some of his favourite colours were. From there I created a two tiered birthday cake, featuring baseball, basketball, volleyball and soccer. I also made cookies to match the cake (showcased in a previous post).  The bottom layer was my vanilla butter cake, a rich cake and perfect for stacking. The top was a batch of my double chocolate cake. Both layers were iced in a vanilla buttercream and covered in homemade marshmallow fondant. All the decorations were also made out of fondant and painted with food colour.
The caked was loved by the family and especially the little boy. He had a great party playing with his friends and of course eating cake!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment