Sunday 1 March 2015

Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate

We were invited to a friends for dinner the other week and they requested that we bring dessert. My dear husband didn't let me know that we needed to bring dessert until a few hours before we had to leave. This meant I needed to find a recipe that was easy, fairly quick and one that I would have all the required ingredients on hand.
While scouring my cook books and Google I remembered that a new bundt pan was given to me for Christmas from my wonderful Mother-in-law and I had been waiting for a chance to use it. Now was the perfect time!
I settled on a triple chocolate pound cake. A scrumptious, dense chocolate cake drizzled with a smooth and rich chocolate ganache and then sprinkled with white chocolate shavings.



The weather ended up to be pretty nasty that afternoon and sadly our dinner plans were rescheduled. I was disappointed that we couldn't share this yummy dessert with our friends, but my official taste tester was put to work and we still got to enjoy a slice after our dinner at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment